Updated March 31, 2020
Alliance has been monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely, and we’ve implemented actions to protect the safety of our employees, customers, and network integrity. Internet, phone and television connectivity are a necessity for our daily lives at work and at home, especially during this crisis. This is why Alliance has initiated plans to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to its employees and customers. The following steps are being taken to help mitigate as much unnecessary risk as possible:
- Our retail offices in Brandon, Garretson and Baltic are closed to the general public. Customers will still have access to our customer service centers through 24/7 phone assistance by dialing 611 from any phone with Alliance service or (605) 582-6311 from your cell phone. During business hours, you also can send a text message to (605) 594-3411 or an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have equipment returns, please contact us first for specific instructions.
- Starting March 31, 2020, our technicians will NOT be entering homes or businesses. Access will be limited to outside areas only, and trouble or service calls might be limited to essential services or emergency services only. We will service as much as we can from the outside of homes or businesses. The technician will call you and walk you through the steps you need to follow. We are happy to report that we have been successful in troubleshooting most issues remotely. We will remind customers of this policy at the time of the service call.
- Our network is successfully handling an unprecedented growth in usage. We are working with our network and equipment vendors to ensure proper connectivity for all services. We have prepared for possible operational issues that may arise from the displacement of workers, stay-at-home customers, and increased bandwidth or communication needs.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among Alliance employees, nearly all staff members are now working from home. We also have implemented distancing procedures internally between our staff, vendors, and others.
- We have canceled all non-essential travel for work-related matters and minimized participation in group gatherings.
- Please consider paying your bill online or calling our office to make your payment. This will help decrease further spreading of the virus and helps with social distancing. We are currently offering a one-time $15 credit for customers who sign up for automatic bank withdrawal. Sign up here or complete the form on the back of your invoice.
- To protect our customers and employees, Alliance is cancelling this year’s annual meeting for cooperative customers, which was scheduled for June 6th in Brandon. Further information on a rescheduled date, time and venue will be sent out later this year.
- Alliance has been working closely with our local school districts to provide Internet service to students from low-income families. Please contact your school if you need Internet service for your child to complete e-learning studies.
As an essential service provider, it is our responsibility to be prepared. These steps are precautionary but necessary in maintaining a safe working environment for our staff and continuous network connectivity to our customers.
FCC’s Keep America Connected Pledge
Alliance also is participating in the Keep America Connected Pledge. Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, Alliance Communications pledges until May 31, 2020:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
We ask for your patience and understanding as we all deal with this crisis on a local, state, national and international basis. If you have questions, please dial 611 from any phone with Alliance service or (605) 582-6311 from your cell phone.