Alliance has been monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely, and we’re implementing actions to protect the safety of our employees, customers, and network integrity. Internet, phone and television connectivity are a necessity for our daily lives at work and at home, especially during this crisis. This is why Alliance has initiated plans to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to its employees and customers. The following steps are being taken to help mitigate as much unnecessary risk as possible:
- Our retail offices in Brandon, Garretson and Baltic are now closed to the general public. Customers will still have access to our customer service centers through 24/7 phone assistance by dialing 611 from any phone with Alliance service or (605) 582-6311 from your cell phone. During business hours, you can send a text message to (605) 594-3411 or an email message to email@example.com. If you have equipment returns or problems, please contact us first for specific instructions.
- We may limit our technicians from entering customer premise locations. Access could be limited to outside areas only. Trouble or service calls might be limited to essential services or emergency services only. If such limitations are in place, we will likely inform customers at the time of the service call.
- We are working with our network and equipment vendors to ensure proper connectivity for all services. We are also preparing for possible operational issues that may arise from the displacement of workers, stay-at-home customers, and increased bandwidth or communication needs.
- We are preparing our offices and staff to work from home if needed.
- We are minimizing travel for work-related matters and minimizing participation in large group gatherings.
- Please consider paying your bill online or calling our office to make your payment. This will help decrease further spreading of the virus and helps with social distancing.
As an essential service provider, it is our responsibility to be prepared. These steps are precautionary but necessary in maintaining a safe working environment for our staff and continuous network connectivity to our customers.
FCC’s Keep America Connected Pledge
Alliance also is participating in the Keep America Connected Pledge. Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, Alliance Communications pledges for the next 60 days to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
We ask for your patience and understanding as we all deal with this crisis on a local, state, national and international basis. If you have questions, please dial 611 from any phone with Alliance service or (605) 582-6311 from your cell phone.