Get the FREE My Alliance WiFi App
The new My Alliance WiFi App is FREE for our Whole Home WiFi customers. Just think of it as our gift to you.
If you’re a current Alliance Whole Home WiFi customer, you now have access to the new My Alliance WiFi app. It’s easier than ever to manage your home’s WiFi network. Unfortunately, customers who purchased their own routers won’t have access to the My Alliance WiFi App.
With the My Alliance WiFi app, you can do all this remotely from your mobile device:
- Create profiles for each family member and control WiFi access to their devices. For example, you can cut off WiFi to your teenage son’s Xbox if he’s spending too much time gaming!
- Create a guest network for visitors to use so you don’t have to give them your primary WiFi password.
- Reset your SSID and password whenever you want.
- View all of the devices connected to your network.
The app is free for all Alliance Whole Home WiFi customers and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Select “SIGN UP” towards the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter your personal information. The password you enter here will be used to access the app.
4. Make sure your Alliance router is plugged in and connected, and then select “Yes” to continue.
5. Tap the QR code that appears within the app. (You will be asked to allow the app to access your camera.) Point your camera at the QR Code found on the bottom of your Alliance router (example shown below). You might need to remove your router from its stand to see the sticker.
Select OK. After you select “Submit,” you may be asked to enter your account number.
6. IMPORTANT: If your router already has a network name and password, tap the “Click here to Skip” text.
Otherwise, complete these steps to set up your network name and password.
The Router Name will be used throughout the app.
The Network Name (SSID) is what you will use as your wireless connection name.
Select a password for your wireless network. You can use your existing wireless SSID and Password from your current router if you do no want to change them on all devices in your home.