To secure Netgear WNR3500L N300 Wireless Gigabit Router, use the following steps:
(Make sure you are connected to the router with an Ethernet cord or wirelessly. If using an Ethernet cord, verify that one end is plugged into your computer and the other end into one of the 4 switch ports on the back (not the internet port). If using wireless, you must connect to the router by choosing the unsecure wireless network.)
1. In the address field of your browser, type http://www.routerlogin.net and click Enter.
2. If the Setup Wizard Below appears, click "No, I want to configure the router myself" and choose Next. If the Setup Wizard does not appear, just continue on with the instructions.
3. Enter the router User Name admin and default Password password to open
4. From the main menu on the left, select Wireless.
5. Name your wireless network. Ex:”HomeNetwork” or ”YourLastName”
6. Select your security method. We recommends WPA2-PSK [AES]. If you have issues connecting with this security option, choose WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES].
7. Then, enter a Passphrase of your choice. The Passphrase you enter will be what you need to connect any wireless device to your router. You may want to write this down somewhere and put it away in a safe place.
8. Click Apply and close your browser.
Please select a community below for pricing and promotions applicable to your location: