How do I set up Windows Mail?
Below are the instructions for setting up an Alliance email address in Windows Mail. CAUTION: please ensure that the program you have is Windows Mail, and not Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail has different instructions than Windows Mail. Windows Mail is the default email program on Vista.
Click on any of the pictures to enlarge them. Click outside of the picture to return them to normal size.
- Start Windows Mail. Click TOOLS > ACCOUNTS.
- In the INTERNET ACCOUNTS window, click the ADD button.
- For the account type, select E-Mail Account.
- Enter your display name and click NEXT.
- Enter your email address and click NEXT.
- In the SET UP E-MAIL SERVERS screen, enter the following information:
-> Server Type: POP3
-> Incoming Server: pop.alliancecom.net
-> Outgoing Server: smtp.alliancecom.net
-> Check the box labeled Outgoing server requires authentication
- Enter your email username and password and click NEXT. Username and password ARE CASE SENSITIVE.
- You are finished. At this point you can choose to download your email by checking the box, or you can leave it unchecked and download email the next time you start Windows Mail. Click FINISH to end the setup wizard.