How do I set up Apple Mail?
Below are the instructions for setting up an Alliance email address on the Macintosh email program. Click on any of the pictures to enlarge them. Click outside of the picture to return them to normal size.
- Start the Apple Mail program. If you have not added an account before, the window below should appear. If you have already added an account, you will need to go to FILE > ADD ACCOUNT.
- Enter your FULL NAME, your ALLIANCE EMAIL ADDRESS, and your EMAIL PASSWORD. Click CONTINUE.
- Enter the Incoming Mail Server settings as shown below:
-> Choose POP as the Account Type
-> Enter 'Alliance' for the description
-> Enter your email username and password.
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server settings as shown below:
-> Enter 'Alliance' as the description
-> Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.alliancecom.net
-> Check the option labeled Use Only This Server
-> Check the option labeled Use Authentication
-> Enter your Alliance username and password
- Review the account summary screen. If everything looks correct, click CREATE.