Proudly serving communities in South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa.
How do I set up email on a droid phone?
- Go to the mail setup screen.
-> From the applications menu, select Email.
-> If you have a previous e-mail account created, press Menu, then Add account.
* (Instead of the Email application, some Droid phones use the My Accounts application for setting up e-mail accounts.)
- On this screen, enter your Alliance email address and password. Select MANUAL SETUP.
- When prompted to select the account type, choose POP or POP3.
- Enter the incoming email server settings.
-> Leave the security type set to None.
-> Depending on the customer's situation, they may or may not want the droid to delete email from the server. In this example, we will leave the option set to Never.
- Enter the outgoing email server settings.
-> Change Security Type to SSL and the port to 465.
-> Instead of "Security type", some Droid phones have check boxes marked Use secure connection and Verify Certificate. Make sure Use secure connection is checked.
- In the Account Options window, you can specify how often your droid checks for new messages. You can also make this account the default account, as well as enable/disable email notification.
- In the last screen, you can specify the account name on the phone, as well as your name. The first box is optional, while the second box is required. Press DONE when finished.