Setting up email in an iPad involves the following steps.
- Verify that your device has Internet access before continuing.
- In your device, tap the Settings button.
- In the device settings window, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the left-hand column. In the right-hand column, tap Add Account...
- From the list of email types, tap Other.
- Under the Mail field, tap Add Mail Account.
- In the New Account window, type in your name, Alliance email address and password. The description field should be filled already. Click Next.
- When asked to specify either IMAP or POP3, choose POP3. For the incoming mail server host name, enter pop.alliancecom.net, along with your email username and password. For the outgoing mail server host name, enter smtp.alliancecom.net, along with your email username and password. Click Save.
- If you are not connected to the Internet when you set up your email account, or if you have typed in your username or password incorrectly in the previous step, you may see the screen below. If so, click Continue and make sure that you are online and that you spelled everything correctly.
- At this point, you are done configuring your email account. Press the round button on the bottom of the device to return to the device desktop