This could be caused by a number of issues. After you make sure your modem is plugged into the electrical outlet, try the following procedures to resolve this problem:
- Try restarting your computer and DSL modem. If your modem does not have a power switch in the back-right corner, simply unplug the power supply. It generally takes a minute or so for the modem to come back up after it is turned back on. If, after a few minutes, the DSL light does not stay lit and you still cannot surf the Internet, continue to the next step.
- How long is the phone line connecting your modemCHR(63) If it is longer than 10 feet, try using a shorter cord. If the DSL light does not stay lit, and you still cannot surf the Internet, continue to the next step.
- Check your connection to your phone line.
- Remove any filters, splitters, surge protectors, etc.
- Connect the phone line directly to the wall jack, reset the modem, and wait for one minute.
- If the light comes back on and you can surf the net, the problem resides in the filter, splitter, surge protector, etc. Replace the device in question.
- Remember, line filters should not be placed on the DSL modem's telephone line. This will cause a disruption in service.
- Plug a phone into the wall jack. Is there a dial toneCHR(63) If there is no dial tone, there is a problem with the wall jack. Call 811 for customer support.
- Do you have more than one telephone line coming into your homeCHR(63) Make sure that modem is plugged into the telephone line with the DSL service installed on it.
I'M STILL NOT FIXED
The steps above should almost always fix the problem. If your service still isn't working, simply dial 611 at any time.