The Discovery Health Channel is rebranding itself as the Oprah Winfrey Network this Saturday. If you currently have the Elite Choice package on Alliance Digital Cable TV, just tune to channel 162 to view OWN programming starting January 1 at 11 a.m.
The Oprah Winfrey Network will be a 24/7 cable network devoted to self-discovery and to connecting viewers to their best self and to the world. Oprah Winfrey has been on TV for coming up on 25 years. Her hour-long show has focused on helping viewers live their best life. While her television show will continue into May 2011, her new network will launch January 1, 2011.
What’s happening to the Discovery Health shows?
The biggest hits from Discovery Health are coming to OWN. New episodes of Mystery Diagnosis will premiere on Wednesday, January 5, and the docs from Deliver Me will be back with new episodes later this year.
What programming will appear on OWN?
Below is a variety of programming that will appear on OWN at various times during the upcoming year:
- Ask Oprah's All-Stars. Two-hour specials offering advice from Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and Suze Orman
- Best of Dr. Phil
- Breaking Down the Bars: A reality series about the redemption of female inmates in Indiana
- Carson-Nation: A small-town lifestyle makeover series starring Carson Kressley
- Cristina's Big Bowl of Love: A cooking series with Cristina Ferrare
- Deliver Me: A holdover from the Discovery Health network
- Enough Already With Peter Walsh: Helping families de-clutter their homes
- In the Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman: A sex-therapy series
- Finding Sarah: Chronicles the "personal struggle" of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, as she's coached by Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and others
- Gayle King Show: A live talk show starring Oprah’s best friend
- Judds: Features mom and daughter Naomi and Wynonna as they prepare their first joint tour in 10 years
- Kidnapped by the Kids: Workaholic parents are forced to take timeouts for their families
- Master Class: OWN's signature series, featuring life lessons from varied subjects, including Simon Cowell, Sidney Poitier, Condoleezza Rice and more
- Miracle Detectives: Weighs whether science or divine intervention explains strange phenomena
- Mystery Diagnosis: A holdover from the Discovery Health network
- Oprah's Next Chapter: Winfrey travels the world to interview guests
- The Oprah Winfrey Show: Repeats of her show once its syndication ends
- Oprah Winfrey Show Season 25, Behind the Scenes: Takes you inside Harpo Studios to see how Oprah and her team create the most successful show in daytime television history.
- Our America With Lisa Ling: An issue-oriented documentary series that begins with a look at faith healers
- Rosie O'Donnell Show: The next chapter for the former daytime talker and The View co-host
- Ryan and Tatum, The O'Neals: Follows the reconciliation of the long-estranged father and daughter actors
- Searching for ...: Featuring the work of New Jersey genealogist Pam Slaton
- Visionaries, Inside the Creative Mind: A profile series spotlighting familiar names such as James Cameron, Lady Gaga and Tyler Perry
- Why Not? ... With Shania Twain: The country star shares her heartbreak over the end of her 16-year marriage
- Your OWN Show: Nationwide search to find out who has what it takes to win their own show on OWN. Produced by Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Apprentice)
Go to www.oprah.com/own to learn more about the new Oprah Winfrey Network. If you currently don’t subscribe to the Elite Choice package on Alliance Digital Cable, you can add it for an additional $13/month. Check out the Ultimate Triple Play bundle for the best deal on Alliance Digital Cable TV, High Speed Internet and Phone service.