Watch TV when you want, wherever you want
Introducing the Whole Home DVR. Record and watch your favorite shows in any room with a single DVR.
What can I do with Whole Home DVR service?
- With just one DVR, you can record and watch your favorite shows in any room.
- Watch one recorded show in the living room while the kids watch a different show in another room.
- Or start watching a show in one room and finish it in another.
- Watch recorded shows in up to nine rooms with one DVR. Additional televisions need to be connected to set-top boxes.
- Schedule recordings from any room.
- Set separate parental control options for each TV.
How does Whole Home DVR service work?
You can access your DVR recordings on any television that is connected to a set-top box. Your DVR(s) and set-top boxes are networked together, so you can access your recordings on a variety of TVs, not just the one connected to your DVR. Also if you have multiple DVRs, all recordings can be accessible on all DVRs.
Is there anything I can’t do on my set-top box that I can do on my DVR?
You will not be able to pause or rewind live TV on a set-top box, but you can pause or rewind recorded shows.
How much does it cost to have Whole Home DVR service?
There is no monthly charge for Whole Home DVR service. Installation charges may apply, however, if you don’t already have a DVR and set-top boxes installed at your home or business. Ask for details.
Get Whole Home DVR service today. It’s like having a DVR in every room. Just dial 611 for any phone with Alliance service.
For whole-home DVR service, one TV needs to be connected to a DVR and the other televisions need to be connected to a set-top box. DVRs are $8/month and set-top boxes are $6/month. Ask how to get one free.
Can I schedule recordings while away from home?
Yes. Simply log into the web portal and click on the My TV tab. From here you can browse the upcoming television schedule and set recordings.
Cable TV DVRs and set-top boxes remain the property of Alliance Communications and must be returned if the service is cancelled. Any unreturned equipment will be billed to the customer at a cost of $300/DVR and $200/set-top box.